The International Rescue Commitee is searching for a Protection Coordinator.
Job Overview/Summary: The Emergency Protection Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic direction and vision to the IRC's Protection programming in Northern Greece covering 7 sites. The Protection Coordinator will be responsible for the overall quality implementation of all aspects of an integrated response combining information sharing, access to rights and entitlements, protection monitoring, risk reduction, vulnerable case identification and referrals and specialized programming for women and children. He will oversee two Protection Managers, and two Senior Officers responsible for the day-to-day management of the program, and a team of dedicated protection officers focused on safe spaces for women and girls, safe healing and learning spaces and case management for women and children. The Protection Coordinator will work extensively with other sectors to ensure that protection principles are being incorporated into the emergency programs.
- Technical Quality
- Staff Supervision & Development
- Grant Planning & Implementation
- Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Coordination & Representation
- MA/MSc equivalent in health (MPH), MSW Social Work, social science, law, humanities or other related degree
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in managing protection, GBV or child protection projects in complex environments. Preference given to candidates with experience in more than one area.
- Prior experience working in emergency settings or insecure environments.
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- INGO experience required
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff
- Must be capable of applying their skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training and the transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others.
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English required; Greek preferable; Fluency in Arabic, Frasi/Dari, and/or Pashto a plus
Working Environment: The position will be based in Thessaloniki and cover needs in North Greece. This position will require frequent travel in North Greece to cover the needs of 7 sites. Shared housing will also be provided for this position.
The closing date of the applications is on the 22th of August 2016.
You can check out the job offer and apply here: http://reliefweb.int/job/1582201/protection-coordinator-wpecp