The European Agency for the Management of Operational Cooperation at the External Borders of the Member States of the European Union (Frontex), has been established under Council Regulation (EC) No 2007/20042 , hereinafter, the Regulation. Frontex is located in Warsaw, Poland and its main tasks are the following:
● Coordinate operational cooperation between Member States in the field of management of external borders;
● Assist Member States in the training of national border guards, including the establishment of common training standards;
● Carry out risk analyses;
● Follow up the development of research relevant for the control and surveillance of external borders;
● Assist Member States in circumstances requiring increased technical and operational assistance at external borders;
● Provide Member States with the necessary support in organizing joint return operations.
Reporting to Frontex Executive Director (ED) and Deputy Executive Director (DED) the Head of Cabinet provides assistance to the Executive Management in the coordination of the Agency divisions and entities. The focus of the Head of Cabinet shall be especially on areas of activities where cross-divisional input and horizontal approach is required, either in the headquarters or in the field.
Under the strategic guidance and the authority of ED and DED, the Head of Cabinet liaises with the Divisions Directors, Heads of Units or their representatives in order to ensure consistent and where needed crossdivisional follow up of decisions made by Executive Management. He/she liaises with Divisions and Units to ensure that they provide proper representation of the Agency in external meetings or conferences and he/she prepares with them the lines to take on behalf of the Agency in case of complex or sensitive topics.
The Head of Cabinet monitors on regular basis the state of play of tasks assigned by the Cabinet (preparation of meetings/events/business trips to be attended by ED or DED, follow up to letters, meetings or interviews requests etc…). On weekly basis the Head of Cabinet may organize follow-up meetings with Divisions/Units/Entities representatives.
The Head of Cabinet also facilitates a consistent implementation of the external and internal Communication strategy by the Press Office and the Corporate Governance Division in line with the annual policy plan validated by ED and daily instructions given by Executive Management. He/she ensures that the image of the Agency is disseminated in a proper and consistent manner. The Head of Cabinet may also make statements on behalf of the Agency as a spokesperson together with other spokespersons.
The Head of Cabinet facilitates where necessary the link between Executive Management and Fundamental Rights Officer and the link between Executive Management and Data Protection Officer.
Under the strategic guidance and authority of ED and DED, the Head of Cabinet coordinates the internal functioning of the Cabinet. In particular he/she ensures the proper distribution of workload and tasks among the three executive assistants, the two executive advisors and the strategic adviser when it comes to the preparation of files for meetings/events/business trips to be attended by ED and DED. He/she supervises the preparations in order to meet the deadlines.
The Head of Cabinet makes sure that Protocol is properly taken into account in the preparation of high level visits or events to be organized by the Agency in the headquarters or in the areas of deployments.
The candidate will be required to demonstrate that he/she has:
● Experience of such a coordinating function in a complex and politically sensitive environment of at least 5 years as a Head of an entity equivalent to the Cabinet described in this vacancy notice, or at least a total of 10 years as Deputy Head or member of such an entity;
● Experience of working either in the law enforcement sector or the border management or the migration management at national level of at least 5 years in total;
● Experience of working in an EU environment of at least 3 years;
● Familiarity with the EU Justice and Home Affairs policies. 4.2.2. Besides, the following attributes would be considered advantageous
● Experience in communication of an institution or organization;
● Experience in organizing VIP events such as ministerial visits.
For more information about the vacancy click here: http://frontex.europa.eu/assets/About_Frontex/Job/2016/Head_of_Cabinet.pdf
Pay attention: applications deadline is on the 27 of July 2