The Directorate Internal Audit (D/IA) of the European Central Bank (ECB) is seeking applications for a six month traineeship from recent graduates or students who are close to completing their studies.
Under the direct responsibility of the Executive Board, D/IA provides independent and objective assurance and consulting services. In accordance with the ECB Audit Charter, D/IA helps the ECB to accomplish its objectives by applying a systematic approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance processes. In addition, the Directorate is responsible for conducting administrative inquiries to clarify alleged breaches of professional duties and for cooperating with the competent authorities.
The responsibility within D/IA for reviewing allegations or indications of breaches of professional duties, advising on appropriate measures and procedures, cooperating with the competent EU or national authorities and conducting administrative inquiries where necessary is currently assigned to an Auditor, who reports directly to the Director.
Qualifications and experience:
Applicants must have the following knowledge and competencies:
- a master’s degree in law, psychology, forensic studies or another directly relevant field, or a bachelor’s degree in any of those fields combined with a relevant professional experience (e.g. an internship at an accounting firm);
- basic knowledge of and skills relating to investigative methodologies and techniques, as well as knowledge of due process and data protection requirements;
- an advanced command of English, with proven drafting ability;
- a working knowledge of at least one other official language of the European Union;
- a working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Traineeship of six months, with the possibility of an extension to up to 12 months in total in the same business area.
The selection committee may place suitable candidates on a reserve list, from which candidates may be appointed to similar positions in the same or another business area. It may also be decided to fill the position(s) advertised in this vacancy notice with a suitable candidate or candidates from the reserve list resulting from a recruitment procedure for a similar position. Candidates will be informed accordingly if this happens.
For more information about the vacancy and the procedure of the applications click here: https://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/vacancies/html/vacancydetails.en.html?id=005056853E201EE690D8F680A56E8B55
Application deadline: 26th July 2016