ABBL (Association des Banques et Banquiers Luxembourg) and ALFI seek for a Trainee EU Fairs Assistant for a full-time occupation.
About ABBL and ALFI
ABBL (Association des Banques et Banquiers Luxembourg) is the Luxembourg Bankers’ Association, the representative organization of a major European and international banking centre.
ALFI is the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry, the leading European investment fund centre in assets under management.
Both are not-for-profit associations. They represent the interests of their members at national and international level. At EU level, they are permanently established by their joint ABBL & ALFI EU Representative Office in Brussels, which constantly interacts with standard setters and policy makers in the EU institutions.
Role of the Trainee EU Affairs Assistant
The Trainee EU Affairs Assistant is to support the team of the Brussels based EU Representative Office in matters related to the process of financial services legislation.
Tasks of the Trainee EU Policy Assistant
- Legislative monitoring;
- Attend and report from meetings;
- Research for the preparation of background notes and drafts;
- Organizational support.
The successful candidate will
- Hold a recent university degree (Master) in European Affairs and be familiar with the workings of the EU institutions;
- Possess developed communication skills in particular in writing and drafting;
- Have sharp analytical and proven organizational skills;
- Demonstrate a good spoken and written command of both English and French. Other languages, in particular Luxembourgish and German, are considered an asset.
Prior post-study work experience is not essential, but a very first traineeship in European Affairs is considered an advantage.
Application deadline: 15th July
How to apply: you need to send relevant applications with cover letter and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Trainee EU Affairs Assistant” in the subject