Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP is looking for a Paralegal to support their EU competition practice in Brussels.
The paralegals in the EU practice provide support to an international group of lawyers in the competition, corporate, and regulatory area, with a particular focus on European competition law.
- assisting lawyers with researching, updating, editing and publishing books and articles;
- performing legal and factual research in all areas of EU law, including relevant Member State law;
- supporting lawyers on large transactions, investigations and litigation cases through research, analysis and general case management, including the organization of case files using litigation and document management software;
- assisting lawyers with drafting, preparing and producing regulatory filings with various European and national authorities, including the coordination of assistance provided by their secretaries and other support staff members;
- participating in large discovery phase document reviews and due diligence investigations as part of a larger team of lawyers and paralegals;
- performing language reviews and translations, monitoring legal developments, and maintaining various internal collections of reference materials and knowledge management tools.
Paralegal candidates should be native English speakers with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset. A master degree in law is preferred, but alternative four-year university degrees in economics, political science or humanities are considered. Previous editing or publishing experience in English, or other relevant experience, such as an internship with the European Union institutions, would be a distinct advantage. Candidates should be intellectually curious and should have a keen interest in new technologies and a good working knowledge of computer programs and databases. We look for entrepreneurial, meticulous and well-organized individuals who are able to work both independently and within a team. Candidates should be flexible, have excellent interpersonal skills, cope well under pressure, and have a strong sense of responsibility.
You can check out the job offer and all the necessary information about the applications here: http://www.eurobrussels.com/job_display/117540/Paralegal_EU_Practice_native_English_speaker_Cleary_Gottlieb_Steen_Hamilton_LLP_Brussels_Belgium