The Utrecht Centre for Water, Oceans and Sustainability Law (UCWOSL) has two vacancies for a PhD-candidate in water law, law of the sea or sustainability law (including environmental law). Theis a research institute for water, sustainability law and law of the sea, with an emphasis on interdisciplinary research. Recently the focus of the institute was broadened with two new appointments (prof Backes, prof Freriks) and now covers environmental law in the broad sense. Applicants are invited to submit a research proposal until 1 September 2016. After a preselection, job interviews will be held on 19 September 2016.
Applicants for this position should meet the following conditions:
- You have a master’s or equivalent degree, preferably in Law. The MA thesis must be of high quality, with a grade of at least 8.0 on a ten-point scale, or comparable assessment;
- Your MA thesis testifies to well-developed research skills, including the ability to formulate relevant and creative research questions and and suitable methodology;
- You have at least a good command of English in reading, writing and speaking;
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- You undertake to finish the proposed PhD research within 3,5 years.
Conditions of employment
Utrecht University offers a pension scheme, a holiday allowance of 8% per year, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and . Conditions are based on the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities. Appointment will be under the terms of the Collective Labour Agreement (cao) of Dutch Universities. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax concession.
For more information about the applications click here: https://www.academictransfer.com/employer/UU/vacancy/34940/lang/en/