The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for its Transaction Management and Restructuring Directorate (TMR), Transaction Management Department (TM), Equity and Subordinated Debt Division (ESD), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Junior) Transaction Management Officer. This is a full time position. The term of this contract will be 4 years.
The (Junior) Transaction Management Officer will be responsible for a portfolio of equity, equity-type and/or subordinated Instruments. She/he and will be responsible for the lifecycle management (relationship, monitoring, coverage, events resolution) and divestment of EIB positions of (i) non-funded instruments as from the implementation of the documentation and (ii) for funded instruments after disbursement/investment. The candidate will also provide the appropriate valuations and financial analysis of the relevant portfolio, contribute and coordinate the periodic and ad hoc reporting.
Specific post Environment
TMR monitors counterparts and financial contracts and acts on contractual events under its responsibility, as well as on distressed transactions in order to protect the EIB’s financial interest and reputation. The Directorate is responsible for the financial monitoring, event resolution, divestment and restructuring of (i) EU debt counterparts, (ii) equity funds, equity-type and subordinated instruments after disbursement/investment or signature, as applicable (iii) EU and non-EU private sector distressed transactions. TMR is also responsible for developing and updating Bank-wide Financial Monitoring guidelines.
The Transaction Management Officer will report to the Head of Unit and/or Division and will cooperate regularly with colleagues within the ESD Team and across the Bank, in particular with the counterparts in Ops, JU, FI, FC and RM teams and also with the other Divisions in TMR. Externally, she/he will maintain contact with counterparts, other transaction stakeholders, and co-investors.
- University degree, preferably in Business Administration, Law, Finance or Economics
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar role, specifically exposed to equity and equity-type investing and/or structured finance, preferably from the portfolio management side
- Good knowledge of international accounting standards and valuation methodologies
- Understanding of the EIB’s mission, organisation and activities
- Knowledge of the standard computer tools, in particular, strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. Knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
Deadline for applications: 27th July 2016
See more information about the vacancy here: https://erecruitment.eib.org/psp/hr/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant&Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=103275&PostingSeq=1